Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

Joie Manda Resigns As President At Def Jam Records




A new chapter is on the horizon for Joie Manda as he announced his resignation as President of Def Jam Records to join Interscope Records (Mar. 28). Manda will serve upon relocation to Los Angeles, Calif., as President of Urban Music.
Billboard.com reports:
“Despite having to move back to Los Angeles for personal reasons, I am truly grateful to Barry, John and Jimmy Iovine for this exciting new opportunity," Manda said in a statement. "I've learned a lot from Barry in the last year and am very appreciative of everything he has done for me. I am now looking forward to being part of the Interscope family, a company uniquely positioned for success despite this challenging marketplace."
Manda spoke with Billboard.biz and said he’s “excited to roll up my sleeves and get to work. They’ve done a great job with Kendrick Lamar and I’m really excited to build on that success.”
When he was announced as President of Def Jam Records on March 14, 2012, Manda said, “Running Def Jam is the greatest challenge of my career.” During his residence, the record company released three number one albums from 2 Chainz, Nas and Rick Ross.
As of now, no new plans were announced for who will fill the next president of Def Jam Records position.

No comments:

Post a Comment