Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Chris Brown Reveals Album Title, His New Outlook On Life And More


Chris Brown is gearing up for the release of his sixth studio album, "X," and with the new album seems to come a new mindframe for the ever-controversial singer. Skating on the high of his repaired relationship with Rihanna, Chris Breezy professes that his new music and new outlook go hand-in-hand. In a recent interview with Ryan Seacrest and a feature for Rolling Stone, the singer talks about his approach to "X" and his latest attempt to leave his past behind him.see more after cut...


"Making X, I found out who I am," Brown told Rolling Stone. "This album has a lot of substance, from the subject matter and the situations to how it deals with love. It's really derived from personal experiences. Then again, I always like mixing reality with art."
Emphasizing a more R&B-laden sound -- Brown previously gravitated toward pop -- the singer told both outlets that his formula for the new record could be likened to Quincy Jones’ production techniques, paying homage to the likes of Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke and longtime inspiration Michael Jackson.
“I put all the different producers in, and locked them into one studio, and just try to make a great project,” he told Ryan Seacrest. He revealed that it only took five songs for him to know he was onto something.
Brown also opened up about his upcoming collaborations. The singer confirmed with Seacrest that he was working with Jennifer Lopez on her upcoming project, writing “party music and fun stuff” for her. The singer will also be teaming up with Diplo again for the album’s title track, a track he tells Rolling Stone “takes you to a different world.” His most talked-about collaboration for X, however, is with Kendrick Lamar for the song “Autumn Leaves.”
"I picked Kendrick because his subject matter as a lyricist is beyond everybody else's,” Brown said. “There's a substance to what he says. It's also fun to experience the ambitions and aspirations of a younger artist who's just learning how the game works."
Breezy also opened up to Seacrest about his reconciliation with on-again girlfriend Rihanna, who may or may not appear on "X" for a track the two recorded entitled “Put It Up.” He shared how he repaired their relationship, and how things are now.
“I just tried my best to be the best man I could be over the years and just show her how remorseful and sorry I was for the incident and that time was probably the worst part of my life and being that she has and she’s a wonderful person I’m eternally grateful and thankful,” he told Seacrest. “It’s still like we’re kids. I try not to be too grown and be like, ‘Lets have candlelight dinner every night.’ I try to make sure everything is fun. It has to be fun and it has to be genuine.’”
It seems like Brown is still working on turning over that new leaf.
"Basically, I'm saying the negativity is in the past for me," Brown said.

No comments:

Post a Comment