Pages

Thursday 4 April 2013

Chris Brown Gives The Meaning Behind His New Album 'X'


Oh, the magic of numerology.
It might be a little hard to understand at first, but Chris Brown breaks it down, explaining the concept behind his latest LP, X, set to drop this summer.

“I kinda made it numerical. It’s actually the Roman numeral for 10,” he explained in a recent interview with MTV news.
He described 10 to be significant to him for many reasons. “It symbolizes 10 years of me being an artist,” Brown said. “I started when I was 14. X also means my birthday: 5/5/89. Five and five is 10; eight, nine, 10, so X.”
Breezy dropped the first single from the LP, “Fine China” and is also premiering its video this week (clearly channeling his biggest idol, Michael Jackson, in both).
Brown will be turning 24 in May and explained, “Another quick one is 24. It's [X] the 24th letter in the alphabet, and I'll be 24 when X comes out. That's kind of it in a nutshell."

No comments:

Post a Comment