Pages

Sunday 31 August 2014

T.I. Says Iggy Azalea Criticism Pisses Him Off

 

T.I. and Iggy Azalea
T.I. rides for his Grand Hustle first lady.
In a recent interview with Complex, Tip talked his upcoming Paperwork: The Motion Picture album, his fellow Atlanta emcees Young Thug and Outkast, and learning from Pharrell. One subject in particular, however, got him a bit riled up.
In discussing the criticism that Iggy Azalea has garnered recently with her chart-topping success, T.I. denounced claims that the Aussie rapper was racist, and noted that some of Iggy’s naysayers do not substantiate their reasons for disliking her. He was asked how it all makes him feel:
“That pisses me off, simply because they don’t have any real substantial grounds,” he said. “‘I don’t like them.’ Why? ‘Just ‘cause.’ What do you mean just ‘cause? Since when do you get the right just to judge people? Who died and made you the emperor of Egypt? That kind of shit. And then the things that they accuse her of, like the racist stuff. That’s not even her. That’s not even in her. Me knowing her, knowing where she comes from—for real, the whole racist thing, that’s American—we forget, she’s not American. The whole black, white, color divided thing, it isn’t a part of her DNA like it is here in America. It’s just ignorant to me. In this day and age, to be a race of people who are demanding equality and speaking out on injustices and wanting to be treated fairly, to stand up and do the exact same thing in opposite to someone, unwarranted for no reason, it’s hypocritical [...] I’ma ride with her. So, ya’ll go ahead. Anybody got a problem with it just know, it’s gonna be one ‘cause I’m coming.”
T.I. has in the past defended Iggy Azalea against critics like Azealia Banks. Also, during this year’s BET Awards, Nicki Minaj had the Internet abuzz with her acceptance speech for her Best Female Hip-Hop Artist award. While claiming the trophy for the fifth time, YMCMB’s first lady made a point to say that she writes her own rhymes, which many took as shade toward Iggy Azalea. T.I. denied rumors that he has written Iggy’s raps.
T.I.’s Paperwork album drops on Oct. 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment